Friday 8 August 2014

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition Gets a Release Date.

By Sam Coles:
The fantastic game from 2012 inspired by John Woo Hong Kong thrillers Sleeping dogs is another game that has fallen victim to the dreaded re-release titled “Definitive Edition” like the Tomb Raider game that was released back in January.
 
The game will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC with slightly cleared up textures and will run at 1080p (apparently) on the PS4 and Xbox One and will  grace it’s presences that no one asked for in October 2014.
 
The question I ask is who asked for this game? If you didn’t immediately throw your Xbox 360 or PS3 down a flight of stairs when the new generation came around you can buy the game right now for under £10 second hand. It boggles my mind how the gaming community consistently support these re-releases.
 
It’s a new generation of consoles I want to play new games and not games that I played and finished two years ago. As I said in my editorial a few weeks ago I have no problems with the concept of remasters like the recently announced Resident Evil 1 remaster for current and last gen machines, the difference with this is that it’s introducing a game to a new generation of gamers not just releasing for the sake of more powerful hardware that is what you save for the sequel. Anyway I hope I see more new games and these waste of time re-releases of games that came out 1-2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive